SHERWOOD PARK WINDOW CLEANING
SHERWOOD PARK WINDOW CLEANING
We perform outside and inside Sherwood Park window cleaning, that delivers a streak free shine, guaranteed!
Benefits of Window Cleaning
- You will save money by extending your windows’ life span. Regular cleaning keeps dirt, deposits, oxidation, and hard water off of your windows. Basement windows are particularly prone to deposits left from weed sprayers or garden sprinklers. These compounds also cause etching and scratching when allowed to build up. Did you know that shallow window scratches can be lightly “sanded” away with whitening toothpaste? For deeper window scratches, it is best to hire a professional, who use various sanding and polishing methods.
- Clean windows allow more of that Sherwood Park sunshine to come through. This not only provides you with a better view, but also reduces your winter heating bill.
- Regular cleaning shows that you take pride and care of your home or business. First impressions are everything and sparkling clean windows will help make it a good one.
- Cleaning windows on a regular basis will make it easier and less costly on future visits. It will also make your home look more attractive and well care for when it comes time to sell. This will help you sell your home faster and add dollars to the closing price.
- How often should you get your windows cleaned? We recommend you get them done at least twice a year. The best times are once in the spring/summer and again in the fall. When and how often will depend on the area you live and weather patterns throughout the Sherwood Park window cleaning season.
- Why hire a professional company? Window cleaning is an art that takes a lot of practice. Hiring a professional company with the skills and knowledge will save you time and frustration. They also have the tools and training to safely clean your most hard to reach windows.
Metal Framed Windows
You can find metal framed windows in more mature Sherwood Park homes. They have between 4 and 8 metal panes that sit on multiple tracks. We remove them to make it easy to clean both sides. They are thin pieces of glass, which require more care. Our thorough window cleaning involves removing the panes, washing both sides, cleaning the tracks, and replacing them in the original order.
More homeowners in Sherwood Park are choosing to replace windows of this type. The number of panes make it more expensive to clean each time. Replacing these also saves on heating bills in the long run and increase the value of your home.
Scraping of Glass
Sometimes, window cleaning in Sherwood Park involves scraping of the glass. Bugs, sap, tree seeds, paint, plaster, and silicon from new window installation may persist after cleaning. Or, your house is the victim of an egg. Dried on egg is quite easy to remove from a window or smooth surface that’s safe to scrape.
At Student Suds, we train our crews on how to properly scrape windows. It’s a lot of work, so the price is twice or more, but the results are well worth it! Sometimes, tempered glass can have impurities that can cause scratches. This is most common with glass inserts in doors. For this reason, we do a small test patch first. Here’s what you need to know about our process:
- We use a metal razor blade that’s safe to use on glass. Although used often in window cleaning, these are found in the painting isle of most Sherwood Park hardware stores. It has a plastic handle/holder set back enough that it won’t make contact with the glass. We are very careful with the instrument, as the blade is very sharp!
- The glass is wet with window cleaning solution. This allows the blade to glide with ease along the slick window.
- Then, we scrape in an upward motion at a 45 degree angle to the window pane. If the pane dries up or there is a lot to scrape off, the previous step is repeated. The wetter the better! If necessary, we repeat as many times as necessary to get the stuck on material off.
- Lastly, we do a final wash of the window and squeegee it off.
We’re A+ Students, look at our grades:
Have used Student Suds for about 5 years. They are a very professional company. Their staff are courteous and friendly. Highly recommend them for window washing. They are prompt and work quickly
We recently had all our windows cleaned on our 2800sq ft home and the exterior of the house pressure washed. Everything was great. I wasn't home during the service but when I got home everything met my expectations and my property was left clean. I would definitely use Student Suds again and recommend them to my friends.
A pleasant experience. The crew arrived early, was very courteous, and did the work very efficiently.